Eastlakes Family Support Services Inc
Professionals Working Informally
Staying Home Leaving Violence (SHLV)
The SHLV program is targeted to support women over 18 (and their children) in ways to prevent them from becoming homeless as a result of ending a domestic violence (D/V) relationship.
SHLV Lake Macquarie covers the Lake Macquarie Local Areas Command and is funded by the NSW Department of Human Services, Community Services.
- Comprehensive risk assessments and safety planning.
- Safety audits and security upgrades (funding permitting).
- Court support for ADVO's and Family Court proceedings.
- Liaison and advocacy with the Police and other services.
- Case work to address issues as a result of the D/V.
- Referrals to services as necessary.
- Community education and group work.
Referrals can be made by contacting Eastlakes Family Support on (02) 49 439255